PE and Sport premium for Primary Schools
We are proud to be part of the Sainburys Schools Games network and to have been awarded Bronze Level for our sporting achievements and participation in 2018-2019.
From September 2013 the Department for Education is providing funding to every primary school to ensure there is a clear legacy for young people from the 2012 London Olympics. This is intended to:
- Provide pupils with access to high quality sports coaching
- Enable pupils to experience a wider range of sports
- Widen pupil participation in sport
- Widen participation in competitive sports
- Create a sustainable legacy for sport within the primary school
Mrs Pearson is leading this initiative along with the PE team. For details of current sporting competitions and latest fixture news please see the Pupils section of the website.
For this academic year our Academy has received £18000 in funding which will be spent as follows:
- The employment of a Sports and Fitness apprentice to support pupils throughout school both within lessons, during break / lunchtimes and after school
- Extending the range of lunchtime and after school sports clubs for children across school
- Widen pupil participation in sport and fitness based activities including Change 4 Life clubs
- Raise the profile of sports and fitness through participation in the NET Fitter, Faster, Stronger program
- Access to a greater range of competitions both within the North Stockton cluster and beyond
- Access to further professional development opportunities for staff throughout school